Pages


Friday, January 4, 2013

January 1, 1912



Hello!  Hope you arrived
home all O.K. Was very
sorry that I did not go
with you. I did not go any
farther than Danville. I came
back on the train that eve.
Somebody said they would have gone with you all if
I had said so. Don’t you
think that was nice. Tell Nannie Lee hello. I have a trade
for both of you all. write real

[Continued on top right]
 soon and
tell me
the news.
Hattie

Come again real soon
Somebody wants to see
you. ha ha




Postmarked: Witt, VA
Addressed: Miss Esther Richardson
                   Ringgold
                   Virginia
                   RFD #2

This postcard is from Hattie Yeaman, first cousin to Esther and daughter of Eliza Ann Richardson and Isaac Yeaman. The Yeaman family lived in Witt, Va.

Nannie Lee is Nannie Lee Farson, best friend to Esther.  Nannie Lee was the author of many letters to Esther.

No comments:

Post a Comment