Pages


Wednesday, January 9, 2013

January 11, 1912


Hello Cousin,

            How
are you standing
this rough weather.
fine I hope. This
is a nice time
for you to go to
school ha. say
tell Nannie hello
for me I just got
   back from

[written sideways at top left]
Lynchburg
Tuesday
you bet
I had
a good
time
while
I was
gone
and
real soon
bye bye
from a friend
Charlie
     Giles



Postmarked: Dry Fork, VA   [Pittsylvania County, VA]
Addressed:  Miss Esther Richardson
                     Ringgold
                               Va
Charlie Giles was the son of Columbus and Virginia Giles.  In the 1900 census the Giles family is listed on the same page as H. L. Richardson, D.T. Richardson's brother.  I am unclear of the "cousin" relationship between Charlie Giles and Esther. Nannie is likely Nannie Lee Farson - Esther's best friend and mutual friend to Charlie and Esther.

No comments:

Post a Comment